Land of Compassion and Wisdom welcomes Geshe Soepa to Austin
We are very fortunate to have Geshe Soepa visiting Austin for an extended period of time.
Classes are offered Thursday evenings (7pm to 9pm) and Sunday’s from 12pm to 2pm.
Classes are suitable for all levels of interest in Buddhist philosophy and practice, providing insight and methods to help us live more meaningful and satisfying lives, and ultimately to reach our highest potential.
Geshe Soepa studied for 21 years at Sera Jey monastery in India where he passed the highest level of examinations for his Lharampa Geshe degree. He later taught for three years in Sera and Dzongar Choden monasteries. Geshe Soepa served as resident teacher for Aryatara Institut in Germany for 10 years. He has been visiting and teaching at Land of Compassion & Wisdom in Austin, Texas since 2006 where he is the unofficial, part-time, resident teacher.
Up-coming Special Topics and Planned Events:
- Bodhisattva Vows and Medicine Buddha Jenang/Blessing
- Explanation of Tara Puja
- Explanation of Lama Choepa (Guru Puja)
Additional topics Geshe Soepa will be teaching this Summer and Fall:
- Obstacles to Liberation and Omniscience
- The Two Truths
- View of Equanimity
- Great Compassion
- Emptiness and the Madhyamika and Cittamatra
- Buddhist Advice for the Sick and Dying
- What to do with this Special Human Life
- Eight Worldly Dharmas
- Protecting Life by Giving up Eating Meat – What the Buddha Taught
- Mind Training
- Lam Rim Meditations